Monday, July 7, 2008

HE MUST'VE HEARD ME

Congrats to Lewis for winning the British GP with such a commanding lead - 68.5 seconds infront of Heidfeld. Unfortunate for Heikki though. Yesterday's race was the best race of the season so far I think. The rain helped a lot.

Actually the rain showed that Lewis is quite good in the wet. And so is Rubens. It was non-stop action all the way and I was glued to the TV.

After watching how Lewis drove yesterday and his reaction/demeanour after the race, I saw that he has gone back to his attitude from last year. He was cool, listened to instructions and focused on the bigger picture, which is to finish. He didn't take unnecessary risks though as some points in the race it looked as if he might overdrive again. He didn't have to prove that he was a gung-ho hero of a driver. It's more important to finish and win than do an incredible overtaking move but not finish.

I hope he keeps this up. I remember last year 2007 when I sent him off at the airport, I told him just focus on the driving. Discipline is extremely important. And don't forget the little people you've met along the way. He must've heard me. But maybe not the part about the little people. Hmmm....

No comments: