Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SUMMER BREAK

Well, it's going to be a 3 week break for the F1 boys and to be honest, I feel that 3 weeks is quite long between races. Probably, the only news that we'll get would be bits and pieces of the drivers' personal life or the teams' progress.

Reading the news today, which is quite a lot before it dries up over the next 3 weeks, I've come across some interesting comments. it would seem that Ron Dennis doesn't think much of Ferrari's pace here but Lewis is staying grounded here. I've said a lot of things in the past and usually I get kicked in the head after that, so I think I'm just gonna keep it low here and just say that I hope Lewis keeps focussed and aim for the championship. His idea of training extra hard makes sense.

As usual, Alonso just can't talk nice and is still sore at not being put on a pedestal and labelled "God" here. He's a good driver I admit but his attitude just spoils it. Then there's talk of him joining Ferrari (God forbid) by going through Honda or BMW here. C'mon, it doesn't make sense, even Flav didn't want him to just stay for 1 year.

BMW, what can I say. I'm a supporter as I love BMW (the car). I want the team to finish high and win more races but it seems they've fallen off the pace since Hockenheim. Even team boss Dr Mario Theissen admits they were barely in the Hungary race here.

I love Massa's confidence but really I just can't believe that here. I don't want the Ferraris to win either title because frankly I'm quite fed-up seeing red cars winning all the time (Schumacher, hint, hint). He's good on a good day and really bad on a bad day. I don't think he has the consistency to win the championship. And Ferrari are right to feel worried about their reliability as like or not, I have to admit Ferraris don't break down like that.

Damon Hill may be a respected world champion but he should really learn to stick to his reading of the season. A few races ago he was waxing lyrical about Lewis and how he thought that lewis would win the title this year. Now he's saying Kimi is the favourite, which one is it?

I guess we'll have to wait to find out then. Until then, break out the simulators.

No comments: