Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SINGAPORE GP - A BEAUTIFUL RACE

What a race. I thoroughly enjoyed it as there was the beautiful track at night, overtaking, spins, crashes, safety cars and best of all - FIArrari didn't get any points.  I really enjoyed watching Massa screwing up his race with the pitstop incident and penalty. And Kimi ramming his car into the barriers - priceless.

And also, Flavio, what an asshole. Everybody knew that the 1st safety car was because of Piquet but he unashamedly said it was for Barichello. Stupid asshole. Alonso only won because of the SC which was brought by Piquet.

Lewis drove an incredible race as always. Even though he didn't win, more importantly he finished in front of Massa, something he needs to do in the next 3 races. Go Lewis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alonso only won because of the SC which was brought by Piquet.??

In that case, you might as well say Heikki only won his first GP at Budepast because Massa's misfortune, or Felipe only won at France because of Kimi's exhaust problem, or Kubica's maiden win only came about because Lewis didn't know the basic concept of red light? or Massa' win at Spa came because Hamilton had no patient to wait for another corner or two before making his move?

These drivers only won because they were there, at the right time. Had they been further back or not being able to pace up the car, they would have been passed by another faster car. They all deserved the wins and most importantly, our respect.

Alonso really got my respect with this win. Take away what happened last year. For crying out loud, he is driving a Renault that is fighting with Toyota, STR and Red Bulls. Yet, he managed to get the best out of his machine and maintained his composure to secure the win for the first ever night race.

The fact is, Hamilton has much higher expectation from everyone. Anything but a driver's world champion is consider a underachieving year. We know Alonso is more than capable of winning races with the elite team, but if we put Lewis into a Renault or a STR, can he notch up a win like Seb?

Drivers in a McLaren or a Ferrari are expected to win races, but when a middle-grid team (excluding BMW) manage to take a win or two, I really have to take my hats off for them.

Alvin Kassim said...

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and commenting.

I did not mean to take away anything from Alonso even though I don't like him (I have my reasons). I do think that he was great in this race and I've always thought he was a good driver. That's why I'm afraid if he goes to Ferrari or BMW.

But the fact is without Piquet's SC, he wouldn't be able win this race. Maybe my comments were too short because I was in a rush.