Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hamilton to take on Hoy

Tuesday 18th November 2008

Lewis Hamilton will take on Britain's triple Olympic gold medal-winning cyclist Chris Hoy at next month's Race of Champions at Wembley.

Hamilton, at the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz, will face-off against Hoy, on a bike, in a race run on a parallel track which will form part of the build-up to the annual event, which pits some of the world's leading motorsport stars against each other in equal machinery.

Hamilton, who will also perform a demonstration run in his title-winning McLaren, said: "This is going to be something very special.

"I've done F1 demonstration runs away from race tracks before, but Wembley Stadium is completely different, the atmosphere is going to be crazy.

"It's going to be a great way to end a fantastic year, and I'm really looking forward to putting on a show to thank the fans from all over the world and my fantastic British fans for all their support."

Hoy, who won gold in the keirin, sprint and team sprint in Beijing, added: "I'm a big motor racing fan anyway and I've seen The Race of Champions on TV so to be there in the flesh is going to be great and to be able to compete and take part in it is fantastic.

"I can kick out about two and a half brake horsepower so that's not going to quite match his car but I think they'll make the race as close as possible and I'll be giving it absolutely everything; I'm really looking forward to it."

The Race of Champions on December 14 will feature the likes of seven-time F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher, F1 race winners David Coulthard, Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button, World Touring Car star Andy Priaulx and five-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb.

Source : Planet F1

No comments: