Monday, May 11, 2009

Hamilton: I don't have the car to win the title

He got that right. The car is so bad there is no way he can win this year. I do believe that McLaren should focus on next year's car instead.

Sunday 10th May 2009

An utterly disconsolate Lewis Hamilton has all-but admitted that he will be unable to retain the World Championship this season.

Looking completely crestfallen after finishing out of the points in Barcelona, Hamilton's usual optimism was conspicuous by its absence when he spoke to the BBC.

"What can I do? I have not been given a car that enables me to challenge. The car just has no grip. I am driving my socks off but it's just that bad.

"Look, of course, as it stands I don't have a car to win the Championship. I want to congratulate [race winner] Jenson [Button] - he ran a good race - I just hope I'm up there competing with him soon."

Asked what he thought when Button lapped him on the penultimate race, Hamilton managed to avoid the bait:

"Nothing."

Source : Planet F1

No comments: