Monday, June 22, 2009

Lewis: I gave it my all, pity about lack of pace

Sunday 21st June 2009

Lewis Hamilton says he gave his all during Sunday's British GP but that the car's shear lack of pace negated all his efforts.

Despite lapping the Silverstone circuit around 15th place for much of the race, Hamilton did offer some of the best action of the afternoon as himself and former McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso demonstrated why they've won World titles.

Even though they were fighting for 16th place at the time, the duo went at it tooth and nail with first Hamilton getting by Alonso on the inside of Copse and then Alonso repaying the pass a few corners later.

But the epic battle yielded few rewards other than the cheer of the fans, as Hamilton finished the British GP down in 16th place.

"I gave it my all today," said the McLaren driver. "Despite fighting for the lower positions, I was absolutely on the limit for the whole race.

"We knew it would be difficult, and I enjoyed my battle with Fernando, but we didn't have the pace today to get into the points.

"The best thing about this weekend has been the fans: they really gave me some consolation by cheering me on throughout the race. I would love to have given them a result to make them happy and my country proud, but we still have a lot of work ahead of us before that will be realistic."

Source : Planet F1

No comments: