Tuesday, November 11, 2008

LEWIS HAMILTON ARROGANT?


Hmm..this is an issue that has gone on for some time now. Everybody has heard of this and people are talking that Lewis is over confident and to a certain extent arrogant. I have met him and spent some time with him and his dad Anthony and I can safely say that Lewis is not arrogant.

People confuse self confidence with arrogance quite easily here because either they don't know the person or they are biased. It's so easy to hate. Anyway, I've met and been around a few F1 drivers and I can say for sure that they are all extremely competitive people. They have to be in order to survive in F1 and to chase after success. In fact, this attribute is necessary in all fields of life.

The same goes for Lewis. It's just that he talks more about it as say compared to Kimi. According to Lewis, he's bubbly. Just because Kimi talks less doesn't mean he's not ultra competitive.

So, once and for all, please understand that these F1 drivers are like that. They have to be. It is not arrogance. It's just supreme confidence in their own ability. for people who cannot accept that, they will forever have hate in their hearts. I can't help them, nobody can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one don't have problems with drivers that are arrogant as long as they can prove they are as good as they say. Lewis, being the youngest champ of all time gets all the media attention, and I think at times his words may be twisted in order to make a headline.

But I have do have a problem is with his driving. The fact that he is way too aggressive with the way he pass or defend his lines.

Alvin Kassim said...

Hi John,

Agreed with you on the drivers attitude there. Although I don't see the problem with Lewis' driving as I see that other drivers tend to do the same thing also. I guess that is normal with racing drivers.