The FIA has issued the Technical and sporting Regulations for the 2010 Formula One World Championship.
- No budget cap.
- KERS to be retained.
- Titles to be decided on points not medals.
- To accommodate the need for cars to carry enough fuel for a full race, the weight limit has been raised to 620 kg.
- Q3 will see a shootout between the drivers that survive Q1 and Q2 all running on low fuel.
- Eight engine rule to remain in place - despite calls for drivers to be allowed only five engines a season.
- Only change to in-season testing rules is that teams are restricted to eight straight-line tests and limited running on "promotional" tires.
- Windtunnel testing limited to 60 per cent scale models (or smaller), and speeds capped at 50 mps.