Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lewis: I never meant to disrespect my rivals

Monday 15th June 2009

Lewis Hamilton may not be winning races this year, so instead the Brit is focusing his attentions on winning a few friends in the paddock.

Hamilton has in the past been widely accused by his fellow drivers of showing no respect and being arrogant.

This was highlighted by his rift with former McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso and again at the 2008 season-ending Brazilian GP when it appeared that the entire paddock - barring McLaren's personnel - was backing Felipe Massa to win the title.

This year, however, Hamilton says he's doing his best to make buddies in the paddock.

"I think my relationship with the drivers is better this year," he told The Mirror.

"I think they do respect me a lot more as I have worked a lot harder this year to try and rebuild those relationships.

"Before I just kept myself to myself when we went to drivers' briefings. Now I try to mingle more with the drivers because they saw keeping to myself as a sign of disrespect, but I never meant that."

Source : Planet F1

No comments: