Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trulli should just shut the fuck up and get back to racing, so cheap for him to make this statement, as if he's so clean and never did anything funny. It just makes him such an asshole.

Wednesday 15th April 2009

Jarno Trulli feels the FIA wanted to "show who is the charge" when they decided to summon McLaren to an extraordinary World Motor Sport Council meeting to answer disrepute charges.

McLaren and Lewis Hamilton are in hot water with motorsport's governing body after they "deliberately misled" stewards at the Australian Grand Prix.

Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of the points they picked up at Melbourne, but the FIA may yet to decide to punish them further.

Trulli, the man who Hamilton overtook when the Safety Car was deployed in Australia, praised the FIA for showing "common sense" by re-opening the case against McLaren.

"It was great that once they announced the decision of giving the position back, afterwards I was doing some interviews with some journalists, and two of the stewards walked straight up the paddock to find me and shake my hand to say you deserve it, because you have been honest - in front of all the press. This was really appreciated by me," he told Autosport during an interview.

"That's why I say in that particular case I believe that the FIA has shown good common sense and a lot of strength, re-opening a case that was basically closed.

"They felt and they smelled that something was wrong, they were good enough to do it. This pays a lot of credit to the FIA, after so much trouble in the first race with so many problems."

The Italian also feels the FIA decided to come down hard on McLaren as they wanted to stamp their authority.

"My feeling is that the FIA took such a strong decision because they felt that someone was making a joke of them at the end of the day, and they want to show to everyone that the FIA is just like a judge," he added.

"Go in front of the judge and you have to be honest and tell the truth. You might get away with it once, but it's better not to do it. You take a lot of risk. This is what happened, basically.

"I think it was a very, very unfortunate circumstance for both of us. I personally don't know who had lied and why he had lied. In my opinion, there was no interest there to lie. Really, no interest. But someone has really misjudged the rules.

"Personally I'm not here to blame anyone. The problem is on that particular occasion I looked stupid and I haven't done anything wrong. I'm not the kind of person who thinks about revenge or anything, I get on with everyone. I use a sentence like live and let everybody live."

Source : Planer F1

No comments: