Monday, March 30, 2009

Hamilton: That was one of my best performances

Sunday 29th March 2009

Lewis Hamilton has described his performance in the Australian GP as one of the best of his career.

The World Champion silenced the critics who have opined that he can produce good results in a good car by hustling his under-paced MP4-24 into third place with a mixture of fine driving, determination and a little luck.

"It was one of the better races that I've driven simply because of the way the car is to drive. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to drive in my life," Hamilton said.

"We scored way more points than we could have realistically expected. I was looking to try and get one point, so to get six is a great achievement. We've definitely not forgotten how to win: our strategy was perfect and the team did a fantastic job. Considering the package we've got, I wrung every last ounce of pace out of the car, drove one of my best ever races and absolutely raced my heart out - I'm so satisfied.

"Also, my heartfelt congratulations to Jenson - he's driven brilliantly all weekend and both he and his team really deserve this success."

Hamilton also received fulsome praise from his bosses at McLaren-Mercedes.

"Today was one of those days on which Lewis demonstrated very clearly just what a fantastic racing driver he is. Throughout the race he showed great speed and tenacity, tempered when necessary by commendable patience," commented Martin Whitmarsh.

An equally-impressed Nobert Haug added: "He drove an excellent race under very difficult circumstances and proved his world-champion class."

Source : Planet F1

No comments: